Ibycus Topo 2.0: carte Topo du Canada pour zéro $$$

Discussion sur les cartes pour MapSource, Basecamp, Nroute et autres logiciels pour Garmin

Modérateur : cyber6

Répondre
jerfor

#41 Message par jerfor » mar. 18 déc. 2007 11:37

ok merci :D

tank you
kvf 650 camo
GPSmap 60cx

jerfor

#42 Message par jerfor » sam. 5 janv. 2008 20:29

ok on a downloader le tout et il cé instalé toute seul dans mapsource de mon amis alors on cé pas comment le transféré sur un dvd pour que je linstale dans mon ordie

merci
kvf 650 camo
GPSmap 60cx

ibycus

#43 Message par ibycus » sam. 5 janv. 2008 20:57

jerfor a écrit :ok on a downloader le tout et il cé instalé toute seul dans mapsource de mon amis alors on cé pas comment le transféré sur un dvd pour que je linstale dans mon ordie

merci

What you need to do, is burn the install file that you downloaded to the DVD.

You can then run the installer from the DVD on your computer.
--- sorry about the english, I do speak french but decided not to subject you to it. Feel free to respond in french. 13 years of french immersion have to be good for something ;)

jerfor

#44 Message par jerfor » sam. 5 janv. 2008 21:14

ok mais comment on fait pour le gravé a partir de map source car il cé instalé toute seul

:(

merci
kvf 650 camo
GPSmap 60cx

ibycus

#45 Message par ibycus » sam. 5 janv. 2008 22:21

That could be (a little) more difficult.

If you burn everything in the folder "C:\program files\topomaps" and copy that in to the same location on your computer, and then download http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/regfix.reg and run that, it should work(assuming you put the files in to c:\program files\topomaps on your computer...if you put them anywhere else, you'll corrupt your mapsource install with this file, and have to go in and edit the system registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Garmin\Mapsource\Products\NTDBData)
--- sorry about the english, I do speak french but decided not to subject you to it. Feel free to respond in french. 13 years of french immersion have to be good for something ;)

dsa

Another small problem with Ibycus Topo...

#46 Message par dsa » ven. 11 janv. 2008 14:55

Hello Dale!

Just to let you know I found ski lift are showing as "power lines" in most ski centers I've looked at... Not a critical issue anyway but I wanted you to know...

ibycus

Re: Another small problem with Ibycus Topo...

#47 Message par ibycus » ven. 11 janv. 2008 15:51

dsa a écrit :Hello Dale!

Just to let you know I found ski lift are showing as "power lines" in most ski centers I've looked at... Not a critical issue anyway but I wanted you to know...
Its probably actually the "Cutlines" that are showing as powerlines, rather than the lifts themselves. Mapsource doesn't have an element type for "cutlines", powerlines was the closest I could come up with.

I've since learnt that if I add a label to them, and call them "cutlines" they won't show up as powerlines any more (so when i recompile the tile, it will fix itself).

Dale

kerosen

#48 Message par kerosen » ven. 11 janv. 2008 20:54

Moi j'ia graver Ibycus Topomaps en mode DVD a partir de ou il c'est installer sur mon ordi

Ensuite j'ai mis le dvd dans un lecteur dvd (un autre ordinateur qui avais deja mapsource)
et j'ia installer directement a partir du dvd que j'ai copier
et sa fonctionne correctement :D
Intermédiaire en geocaching
possédant un petit Etrex Legend (pour madame)
et un 60 CSX (pour moi)
Mais sur le standby c'est temps-ci

BlackJack65
Membre Spécial

#49 Message par BlackJack65 » dim. 13 janv. 2008 22:47

Are these cards going to be compatible with the Colorado Series?
Image Image

ibycus

#50 Message par ibycus » dim. 13 janv. 2008 23:39

Dunno. I don't have a Colorado to test them with (nor, given my budget am I likely to).
I'm guessing they won't have the fancy 3d mapping stuff available, but should probably load.

dendb

#51 Message par dendb » mer. 16 janv. 2008 15:34

richsnake a écrit :
jerfor a écrit :moi j'ai basse vitesse et sa serait tu possible de le downloader chez un amis qui a haute vitesse et le gravé sur un cd et linstaler dans mon ordie?

merci
Pas sur un cd mais sur un dvd. c'est quand même 1.2 gig.
Je suis sûr que ça va bien fonctionner.
:roll:

ibycus

#52 Message par ibycus » dim. 20 janv. 2008 12:59

Just released a new version today. You can download it from http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo

The new version includes greatly expanded coverage, and a large number of the 'holes' have been filled in (thanks mostly to the efforts of Red90 and a cacher from Edmonton who's handle I can't spell...sorry VP :) ).

#53 Message par cron » dim. 20 janv. 2008 17:36

Great! Did you look into fixing the max 2000 files listing of your FTP server? That would be great to save some bandwith.

In the meantime, maybe you could put all the updated files into a separate directory (hopefully, it would be less than 2000 files).

Thanks for the effort!

ibycus

#54 Message par ibycus » dim. 20 janv. 2008 18:09

cron a écrit :Great! Did you look into fixing the max 2000 files listing of your FTP server? That would be great to save some bandwith.

In the meantime, maybe you could put all the updated files into a separate directory (hopefully, it would be less than 2000 files).

Thanks for the effort!
Not yet, I'm still working on it. Its tough to know exactly which of the tiles have and have not been updated, which makes it very difficult to tell which files to put where.

What is the newest file (name, date, time) in your install path? (mine is so full of minor updates as to be useless in determining a 'delta')

BeerMan-Qc

#55 Message par BeerMan-Qc » dim. 20 janv. 2008 20:24

merci pour cette nouvelle version :D

#56 Message par cron » dim. 20 janv. 2008 22:11

ibycus a écrit : What is the newest file (name, date, time) in your install path? (mine is so full of minor updates as to be useless in determining a 'delta')
My latest files (192 files) are dated January 8th, 2008. But this is from a "partial" update through the FTP with WinSCP (I guess it synchronized the first 1998 files it saw). The newest would be "10531516.img". Because I synchronized through the FTP site, I got "version 1.22", but I'm not sure how much it's complete (because I may have missed a lot of files because of the limit).

I might just download the whole 1.2Gb, but if you ever can sort the problem out with your service provider (or if you're able to post all the files updated since your latest release in a specific directory), that would probably be better for both of you in terms of bandwith.

Thanks!

ibycus

#57 Message par ibycus » dim. 20 janv. 2008 22:43

cron a écrit :
ibycus a écrit : What is the newest file (name, date, time) in your install path? (mine is so full of minor updates as to be useless in determining a 'delta')
My latest files (192 files) are dated January 8th, 2008. But this is from a "partial" update through the FTP with WinSCP (I guess it synchronized the first 1998 files it saw). The newest would be "10531516.img". Because I synchronized through the FTP site, I got "version 1.22", but I'm not sure how much it's complete (because I may have missed a lot of files because of the limit).

I might just download the whole 1.2Gb, but if you ever can sort the problem out with your service provider (or if you're able to post all the files updated since your latest release in a specific directory), that would probably be better for both of you in terms of bandwith.

Thanks!
Probably best to download the full thing to make sure you have everything (although the updates to the Quebec area should be minimal relative to what was already on the FTP.

I'm trying to get around to working out the updater solution, but I haven't had a chance to code it yet (on a side note, if any of you folks are amateur (or professional) programmers, and would like to take a stab at writing an updater, I'd incorporate it.

#58 Message par cron » jeu. 24 janv. 2008 12:29

Je ne suis pas certain d'avoir bien compris les étapes pour créer les cartes, mais tu mentionnes que les noms de rues ne sont pas disponibles dans le dataset que tu utilises (parce qu'il est plus précis).

J'ai trouvé ceci sur geobase.ca qui permet de télécharger les noms de rues (et bien d'autres informations, comme le type de chaussée, etc) pour chaque province. C'est disponible en format "ESRI Shapefile" ou "Geography Markup Language".

Est-ce que ça pourrait être utilisé dans le procédé de création de cartes pour inclure le noms des rues ?

ibycus

#59 Message par ibycus » jeu. 24 janv. 2008 21:41

cron a écrit :Je ne suis pas certain d'avoir bien compris les étapes pour créer les cartes, mais tu mentionnes que les noms de rues ne sont pas disponibles dans le dataset que tu utilises (parce qu'il est plus précis).

J'ai trouvé ceci sur geobase.ca qui permet de télécharger les noms de rues (et bien d'autres informations, comme le type de chaussée, etc) pour chaque province. C'est disponible en format "ESRI Shapefile" ou "Geography Markup Language".

Est-ce que ça pourrait être utilisé dans le procédé de création de cartes pour inclure le noms des rues ?
I think that page is a little misleading. (assuming I'm in fact reading it correctly).
The way I read it is that these fields (addressing, Road Names, etc) exist in the database, but they may not be populated.
This is in fact the dataset that I'm using, and *eventually* they should be populated with road names (in fact the Nova Scotia data is already available, I just haven't figured out how best to access it, as its not in a very nice format), but right now they aren't filled in (for the most part)

Dale

kerosen

#60 Message par kerosen » ven. 25 janv. 2008 12:55

Es-ce que Ibycus est compatible avec Vista ?

Car j'essais depuis la matinée de l'installer et il part meme pas on dirais que c'est non-compatible :?
Intermédiaire en geocaching
possédant un petit Etrex Legend (pour madame)
et un 60 CSX (pour moi)
Mais sur le standby c'est temps-ci

Répondre