Ibycus Topo 2.0: carte Topo du Canada pour zéro $$$

Discussion sur les cartes pour MapSource, Basecamp, Nroute et autres logiciels pour Garmin

Modérateur : cyber6

Répondre
TheProphet

Re: Ibycus Topo 2.0: carte Topo du Canada pour zéro $$$

#81 Message par TheProphet » lun. 5 mai 2008 19:01

Bonjour à tous!

je suis un petit nouveau sur le site!

j'ai télécharger la carte, et je l'ai installer avec vista....

mais avec quel logiciel je dois l'ouvrir? jai mapsource mais il me dit que ce n'est pas compatiple... alors tout aide sera la bienvenue :)

ibycus

#82 Message par ibycus » lun. 5 mai 2008 19:18

TheProphet a écrit :Bonjour à tous!

mais avec quel logiciel je dois l'ouvrir? jai mapsource mais il me dit que ce n'est pas compatiple... alors tout aide sera la bienvenue :)
You've got to select "Ibycus Topo" from the drop down list in the top left hand corner. (Don't go to File--> Open).

Dale
--- sorry about the english, I do speak french but decided not to subject you to it. Feel free to respond in french. 13 years of french immersion have to be good for something ;)

kerosen

#83 Message par kerosen » lun. 5 mai 2008 19:30

TheProphet a écrit :Bonjour à tous!

Fonctionne tres bien avec Vista et s'ouvre avec Mapsource et on fais la selection en haut a gauche comme tres autre
Intermédiaire en geocaching
possédant un petit Etrex Legend (pour madame)
et un 60 CSX (pour moi)
Mais sur le standby c'est temps-ci

Gellidius

Détails de carte Ibycus Topo Can.

#84 Message par Gellidius » mar. 6 mai 2008 09:47

J'ai téléchargé la dernière version de cette carte, 1.34, et après l'avoir installée sur mon Map60 Cx, je suis allé faire une petite randonnée dehors, dans une partie de la ville ou il y avait auparavant beaucoup d'usines, lesquelles ont été presque toutes démolies il y a qq années.

Quelle était ma surprise quand j'ai vu sur la carte des "chars d'assaut" (nommés "military" sur le gps) qui représentent des anciennes installations.
Lorsque je regarde la carte sur mon PC, ces endroits ne sont représentés que par de petits points, nommés "construction", avec détails de la carte au max.

Comment se fait-il que la même carte donne plus de données sur le gps que sur mon ordi ?

Les coordonnées approx. sont:
18T 673016 5157367 (Ville de Shawinigan, Qc.)

Tout ce que je sais à propos des usines de ma ville est que la majorité d'entr'elles produisaient pour le compte des forces armées durant la 2ième guerre mondiale.

Tes cartes Topo sont excellentes, Ibycus, merci pour ton excellent travail. :D
Jacques

TheProphet

#85 Message par TheProphet » mar. 6 mai 2008 19:32

merci beaucoup :D

ibycus

Re: Détails de carte Ibycus Topo Can.

#86 Message par ibycus » mar. 6 mai 2008 20:08

Gellidius a écrit :Quelle était ma surprise quand j'ai vu sur la carte des "chars d'assaut" (nommés "military" sur le gps) qui représentent des anciennes installations.
That's kinda funny :). Was wondering when someone would notice this. Most likely this is a mistake in the maps (despite being actually relatively correct). There is a data type in the source files called "Tank", there is an entity type in the Garmin set, also called "Tank" in some listings.
Naturally I assumed they both meant the same kind of "tank". One unfortunately means "Tank" as in "chars d'assaut", the other means "Tank" as in a big tank of a liquid.
Tout ce que je sais à propos des usines de ma ville est que la majorité d'entr'elles produisaient pour le compte des forces armées durant la 2ième guerre mondiale.
D
Gotta run.

Dale
--- sorry about the english, I do speak french but decided not to subject you to it. Feel free to respond in french. 13 years of french immersion have to be good for something ;)

ibycus

#87 Message par ibycus » mar. 6 mai 2008 20:51

Back again... had to go have supper.

Are you sure that it isn't a zoom issue with the data not displaying in mapsource? POIs don't display until you're zoomed in very close.

Dale

Gellidius

#88 Message par Gellidius » mer. 7 mai 2008 09:46

I'm quite sure; i just checked it up in Mapsource, zoomed in to the max. and it always says "construction", represented by a small dot.

If you have Ibycus Topo :lol: , zoom in on the coordinates i gave on a previous post and you should get the same. I get the tank - "char d'assaut" - only on the GPS, not on the PC.
Jacques

ibycus

#89 Message par ibycus » mer. 7 mai 2008 10:44

Gellidius a écrit :I'm quite sure; i just checked it up in Mapsource, zoomed in to the max. and it always says "construction", represented by a small dot.

If you have Ibycus Topo :lol: , zoom in on the coordinates i gave on a previous post and you should get the same. I get the tank - "char d'assaut" - only on the GPS, not on the PC.
Ibycus Topo? What's that :P

I assume those coordinates are UTM?

Dale

Gellidius

#90 Message par Gellidius » mer. 7 mai 2008 21:00

yes, they are UTM
Jacques

sharky34

#91 Message par sharky34 » mar. 20 mai 2008 05:54

Is there a way to use MapUpdater on a computer that does not have Topomaps installed?

In fact, I would like to download updates in background on a machine which is not my personal one and where I can't install program and/or modify registry (I am not admin).

ibycus

#92 Message par ibycus » mar. 20 mai 2008 09:49

Yep.

1. Run MapUpdate on Machine A. It will install all the files to \Program Files\TopoMaps
2. Copy all of the files from Machine A to Machine B (in the same location)
3. Run MapUpdate.

I'm also working on uploading an ISO version of the maps. But it may take a while to get it totally uploaded.

Dale

sharky34

#93 Message par sharky34 » mar. 20 mai 2008 15:00

Well, I am not allowed to modify c:\program files.

ibycus

#94 Message par ibycus » mar. 20 mai 2008 18:13

sharky34 a écrit :Well, I am not allowed to modify c:\program files.
Another option is to manually download the individual files. The list of files is at http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/download/filelist.lst, (all the files are in the ibycustopo/download directory.

You can use a program like wget to retrieve all the files (e-mail me, and I'll send you the exe and supporting DLLs... Its free, but it isn't my program, so I don't want to post it).

Dale

sharky34

#95 Message par sharky34 » mer. 21 mai 2008 07:44

Thank you very much, i will look this deeper.

ibycus

#96 Message par ibycus » mer. 21 mai 2008 15:18

Just finished uploading the beta of the ISO version.

http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/IbycusTopo15iso.zip

Note... There may still be some bugs with this, please report results here.

(If the installer fails, you can always copy the files manually to \Program Files\TopoMaps\ (preserving the directory structure) and run MapUpdate to complete the installation. )

Dale

sharky34

#97 Message par sharky34 » jeu. 22 mai 2008 15:44

Very good, I am in 1.5, now :)

May I tell you something that choked me at first use?
Some map squares seems to be in metric and other in barbarian mesures :twisted:

Go to N49 W66, the upper right square is metric while the others are "imperials". So the N49 W66 point has two altitudes: either 1000m or 991m. Funny, isn't it?

In fact, very impressive work.

ibycus

#98 Message par ibycus » jeu. 22 mai 2008 16:51

Thats a function of the source data. Some of the Topo information is in fact quite old, and the contouring was done in feet. Other areas the contouring is more recent, and was done in metres. I actually had to write a seperate program to predetermine which squares were in feet, and which were in metres as no where in the source file does it actually say what the elevation units are.

Did you use the ISO to install?

Dale

sharky34

#99 Message par sharky34 » ven. 23 mai 2008 02:36

No, the updater did his job afterall. Very long, but worth while.

I was more impatient to see your work than to use it: I will just travel in Québec in August. But at this moment, I will hike and ride in parks of "la belle province" :wink:

Lucas59

#100 Message par Lucas59 » sam. 24 mai 2008 17:39

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai téléchargé Ibycus Topo. Par contre quand j'ouvre mon map source, dans le drop down à gauche j'ai Ibycus Topo 1.5, pas Ibycus Topo 2.0...J'ai sélectionné "Montrer détail de la carte" et je vois bien les carte topos à l'écran. Super !

Quand j'essais d'envoyer à mon GPSmap 60CSx, MapSource me répond que je dois choisir une carte, mais il n'y a absolument aucune carte dans l'onglet données utilisateur, vous savez la petite flèche à gauche.....

Alors, comment est-ce que je choisi la ou les cartes que je désire envoyé au GPS ?

Merci.

Je metterais bien une image de mon écran, mais je ne sais pas comment...

Répondre